A Blueprint for Problem Solving
There is no course in school that can teach you to be successful.
In my opinion, success and life need to be discovered; they cannot be taught.
And the important skill that is needed to discover success is problem solving.
You don’t need to be a genius in order to become successful. You just need to know how to ask for help, where to look for answers, and work to make things happen. People like Eric and I can give you all the best ideas and strategies, but we cannot make you successful. We can share the stories of how other people did it, but we can’t force you to be successful. But, if you know how to problem solve, if you know how to find solutions and take what you learn to overcome obstacles, then you can make yourself successful.
Don’t Freak Out
I am no different. Yes, sometimes when I am faced with a problem, I freak out. I worry that I’m not going to be able to fix it, that it’s just too big. But then, I take a deep breath and decide that freaking out is not going to help me. And I go to work solving the problem step-by-step.
How to Eat an Elephant
A mentor of mine once asked me “How do you eat an elephant? With a spoon, one bite at a time.” Every big problem has a lot of different little problems. So, if you solve one problem at a time, at some point, you will realize that you ate the whole elephant.
Now, I know I’m not the smartest person in the room, and I don’t have all the answers. But I do know where to find them. That is one of the skills of problem solving—knowing how to look for answers. Sometimes, it’s as easy as typing a question into Google. Other times, I have to go to a mentor, do research, ask for advice, or see how other people solved similar problems. But you have to be resourceful and figure out how to solve the problem.
Blueprint for Problem Solving
Over the years, I’ve figured out a blueprint for problem solving. There are 8 steps:
- Be Resourceful – It doesn’t matter what your background or situation is, you can find resources to help you.
- Ask the Right Questions – Instead of asking why this has happened to you, ask questions that will lead you to a solution.
- Build Relationships and Collect Friends – Bouncing ideas off other smart people and influencers is good for your life and business.
- Find a Great Mentor – It is going to take you a lifetime to learn everything you need, so why wouldn’t you ask those who came before you?
- Be Patient – Be prepared; it will take more time, more money, and more effort than you anticipated.
- Pay Attention to the Advice of People You Respect and Trust – But don’t waste it on the opinions of others.
- Think Outside of the Box – Step outside and observe the whole situation for there is a door that will lead you to a solution.
- Take Action! – Start solving your problem.
Your ideas are worthless, unless you figure out how to implement them. Your goals are unachievable, unless you start taking steps to make them happen. Your problems are unsolvable, until you start solving them one by one.
Don’t ever let anyone convince you that there is a task too big for you, a mountain too high for you, or a goal that you cannot achieve. You have everything it takes to solve any problem that is thrown in your path!
You Deserve to Live a Life that AMAZES People.
My Website: http://www.stanelesky.com/
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StanEleskyBusinessAdvisorMentor/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stanelesky
Pin me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stanelesky/